Wednesday

14/05 - Anyone For Coffee?


Recently Lee and I have been contemplating purchasing a coffee maker and one of the lazy-boy pod machines definitely appeals over a complicated traditional gaggia type. We've been torn between a Tassimo and a Krups Dolce Gusto so I thought I'd have a go with my parents one to see how I liked it.

It's easy and makes really nice coffee but there's a really limited range of pods available for the Dolce Gusto which puts me off a little although they and the machine itself is cheaper than the Tassimo system... Decisions! Do any of you have one of these pod doodahs? Any recommendations?










5 comments:

  1. We have a Tassimo machine and it's very handy but pods are quite expensive, especially if you drink it every day like my other half (also called Lee!)... I'd be more tempted to use it for "treat" drinks. It's definitely quick and convenient when you can't be bothered waiting for the kettle to boil though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a nespresso lattisima and I would not recommend it, you can't get hot coffee just luke warm! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a tassimo and I'm a little let down. The drinks aren't that big and I don't find them to be that hot (although that may be just me as I like my lattes extra hot!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 Krups Dolce Gusto. i have one in Portugal for a long time, and when I moved to UK, me and my boyfriend decided to buy another for our house here. Unfortunately, the offer in supermarkets is really small here, compared to Portugal. But we make stock, we buy through the website, normally we spend 35 pounds to get the free shipping, but it last for a couple of months, we are more a "express" drinkers during the week, and some lattes or cappuccinos in the weekend.
    But when we see some new drink... we just have to buy it. Bye x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit of a random completely unrelated question but I love that nail polish, what is it?

    ReplyDelete