Thursday

16/05 - Decisions Decisions


So I know I said I was sharing food pictures today but 1. I totally forgot to take any and 2. I've had the worst day at work and would very much like to escape for a moment into a world of frivolity and share with you my current purchasing dilemma. You may remember our recent big buy (a new car) well we decided to give ourselves a break from saving for the summer and I decided to finally bite the bullet and buy the bag I've been listing after for the past 2 and a half years, the Louis Vuitton Neverfull. There are 3 sizes and I want the mid one, aptly named the MM - my initials. There's are 3 permanent colour options and I'm not super excited about the garish limited editions so they're what I have to choose from. I initially obsessed over the Azur (the cream one) but soon realised it wasn't practical in the UK so I'm down to the Damier Ebene (the chequered) or the monogram (LV print)

At the moment I'm leaning towards the monogram but is it just a little tacky and fake looking? I don't live in a city where designer bags are so appreciated so if I get the Ebene it will go largely unrecognised but if I go for the Monogram it will be presumed a fake.. You would think it wasn't about other people but lets face it that's why we want designer items, no? Don't get me wrong I LOVE the bag and would love it just as much if it was from primark (especially the price) but we pay for a status symbol so perception is definitely a deciding factor.

So.. What do we think? Do you have this bag or any of the LV prints in question? I think I'm gonna go for the Monogram but I do like the subtlety of the Ebene.. Argh!!! I can't decide!


9 comments:

  1. I love this bag too! I would get the original style one, because it is a classic. I know a lot of people have fakes of it, but you will know in your heart that it is real. I have a LV bag and once you get it and sees how it wears then you will be able to tell a fake from an original :) I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the monogram is really iconic. I know there are more fakes around but I think the real ones just look a little more 'special'. Personally if I paid such a large amount of money, I would be disappointed with a bag that doesn't look particularly special, whereas the monogram is recognisable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get the one you love, I personally like the chequered but if it's gonna b a rare chance you can save to own something so beautiful then the monogram is iconic n the only people close up to see it's real are your friends n that's the opinions that you'll be hearing anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would go for the monogram.. timeless classic! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't go for the monogram for a number of reasons. It's been faked so much and because of that I find the LV monogram quite tacky now. Also, In my opinion the subtlety of the chequered shows so much more class and sophistication as it's much less show-offy than the monogram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I find the monogram print looks really tacky. Class is it not being obvious how much you've spent on the bag unless the person looking *knows* that bag.

      Delete
  6. I think the checkered bag looks like a cheap bag. I would go for the classic LV print. Even though it has been copied, you will know it is a real one and it is a timeless piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Damier Ebene print in the Speedy 30 Bandolier ( my favorite bag ever, you can wear it three ways) plus, it goes with everything. However, I am saving for the Neverful and I will get it in the Monogramed print. I like the fact the leather patinas. Also, because I have scratched the leather trim on my bag and the leather is treated but when you scrape it, it is light like the untreated leather ( I don't like that). Can't wait to see what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the classic monogrammed the best. it can be dressed up or down and if you're going to spend the money, i'd want something instantly recognizable. rusts just my opinion. have fun and congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete