Monday

13/05 - Daddy's Boy

I don't know about you but I always thought boys were supposed to love their Mummies best, no? Well mine doesn't! It started off as a slight preference and when we were on our own I would still get some love but today my son wanted nothing to do with me. 18 months old and he wouldn't even cuddle with me this morning in bed to watch Curious George.. What is happening to my world?

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge my husband the love of his son but godammit I carried him, I have the scar where he was pulled from my body.. Don't I even get a hug? As time goes on I find myself doing less with him because everything seems harder when he fights me constantly. Lee bathes him, he puts him to bed.. I drop him off at the childminders.. I'm the bad guy! I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to but it just sucks and I thought I'd put it out there for anyone going through the same thing. At least one of my children likes me.. I can't wait for her to come home from her Dads on Wednesday *sigh*


5 comments:

  1. ahh! im sure he loves you really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is 12 months old and i feel the same. My boyfriend is a stay at home dad and i feel im just the funny lady who plays with his 2 days a week and for a hour before bedtime. Cuddles are saved for daddy. I just know in a few years it will be different and i think it will for u too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have kids myself but I've seen this happen with a couple of families I know. Both have young boys, one is all about mummy and not bothered about daddy, the other is the opposite. Seems to me this is a thing they do and happens quite a lot! As Gillian says, I'm sure he'll grow out of it. Hang in there! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do remember when I was thinking the same about my son when he was 18 months old up to the time he was 3 years old. Turned out that yes, he loves his dad, but the "cold shoulder" he sometimes turned on me had more to do with the beginning "terrible twos", he just chose to have most battles with me, and when his Dad came home, kid was already exhausted and was willing to cuddle.... It went by, and when he was 3, everything was back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son is nearly 14 and oh boy! Ive not cuddle him, hates me in his room, wont be seen in public with me! Its hard work, but he went through the same as Milo at his age too and he got over it and was cuddlier than my daughter for years, be patient and dont push him he will come round in his own time just say it more. like do you want a cuddle, do you want to sit with me or play etc. if he ignores you or says no just leave it and walk away, its like their in a huff with you so you try more when they realise oh thats not working he'll come to you. Its the hardest job in the world lol.xx

    ReplyDelete