Wednesday

05/06 - Empire State Of Mind


Those of you who know me will know how indecisive I am, you'll also know that I'm a planner. I like to have a plan, not for my day to day life but for the future. I need to be working towards something, I couldn't just be "living". It's usually holidays I plan for as they're so fluid, you can constantly change your mind and research and it occupies my headspace when I'm stressed out and need to escape.. Holidays! So yesterday I posted about maybe taking a little euro break next month but having spent most if the evening in expedia I realised we were looking at 6 or 700 for a long weekend somewhere I'm thinking of going to last minute.. I don't want to spend that kind of money in an afterthought. So the cogs are turning and whenever I'm on expedia I always end up in NewYork. I've been twice before but the last time was 2010 and I am just desperate to go back so I'm thinking maybe save a little longer and we could go in January for our anniversary. It's freeze your bits off cold but also the cheapest time to go and I know what to expect since that's when we went last. It's still just an idea, Lee's a worrier when it comes to money where as I'm more of a "enjoy it while you have it kinda gal" - people get sick all the time and I know that's a strange way to look at things but I hate to wait for anything because you just don't know how long you have left. I would never have put off having kids, I have never been wary about throwing myself into a relationship and if I want to go on an awesome holiday with my husband and I can find the money the I think why the hell not? Life's too short to save for a rainy day!

That being said I think if Lee and I were both like that we'd be bankrupt.. You need balance ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment