Friday

19/07 - More Work Stuff

In the hot seat today is Joanne.. She and I are all that are left of the temps, we've both been there for more than a year and we've both been given out notice. In a few weeks (end date TBC) we will be without work.. Great!

We are considering applying for a permanent position with the same company as a job share (between us we want to work 5 days) so that's a maybe but for now I think I'm looking at about 5 weeks. The most annoying thing is that it's fallen on the kids holidays.. For the remainder of my time I will basically be working just to pay the childminder.. In fact my calculations have me losing money on the deal *sigh*.

It made me realise that if you have 2 kids under school age you couldn't afford to go back to work, my childminder charger £3.50 an hour.. That's £7.00, I only earn £8.50 and after tax.. If this was a permanent thing it would make no sense at all.. Crazy!

Luckily I have the last week of the holidays off so I can spend that time with Ella while she's off.. And I guess plan my next move. It was expected but it still sucks to be let go, I'll miss everyone (almost) I work with so its sad but I like to think everything happens for a reason

No comments:

Post a Comment